Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Feature: Non-Profit of the Month

One of the many things I love about Louisvillagers is their willingness to come together and share ideas. The idea for Non-Profit of the Month sprang from a conversation I had during a lunch with the lovely and talented Robyn Sekula in late May. So next time you see her, thank her.

Each month for the foreseeable future, My Loueyville will feature an ad and promoted content from a non-profit that I believe in and want to celebrate.  On the website, you'll see a prominent ad and throughout the month, the blog will feature guest posts, contests, and/or special posts related to that non-profit.

I'm so excited that our first Non-Profit of the Month is Theatre [502]. I love these people, and I admire what they're doing for the Louisville theatre scene.  Keep your eyes out over the next couple of days for a post about why I asked Theatre [502] to be my first Non-Profit of the month. We'll also have guest posts from people involved in their upcoming play, Gruesome Playground Injuries, and ticket giveaways for that show.

Do you work for or have a favorite LOCAL non-profit that you'd like to nominate for Non-Profit of the Month? Send me a brief email (this isn't an essay contest) at lou@loueyville.com telling me why your non-profit should be featured and giving me a couple of ideas of blog posts I could write about that non-profit over the course of the month.

I'm really excited about this series, and I'm so happy to have Theatre [502] on board!

{LOL, I just Googled NPOTM (Non-Profit of the Month) to make sure it wasn't dirty or anything-- you have to do that these days!!-- and it's already the acronym for a fairly popular blog called Nail Polish of the Month. I guess we can share.}

No comments: