Thursday, July 19, 2012

Alex Wright & Butch Rice @ North End 7/20

Sadly, it's been a little while since I've had a chance to see Alex Wright play a gig. I hope he hasn't revoked my status as President of the Alex Wright Fan Club of North America.

Little did I know, though, that the North End Cafe-- one of the most consistently good restaurants in town-- has launched a new late-night music series, the brainchild of local musician/music-writer Hunter Embry.

This Friday night (doors at 11p, music at 1130p), two of my favorite local singer-songwriters, Alex Wright and Butch Rice, will take the stage along with special guests Danny Flanigan and Chris Fuller.

Note this is the HIGHLANDS location (woo hoo!); lots of y'all still default to the Frankfort location when you think of North End (I know I do).

Mama may need to take a disco nap on Friday afternoon, but I'm going to try not to miss this.

No comments: