Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Deal on the Nines for Us Non Beatles Fans

Yeah, yeah, yeah... the Beatles are great. Total visionaries. Trailblazers. I know.

Maybe Big Mama Lou played Rubber Soul on my nursery turntable one too many times... who knows? But today is just a cool date, not Beatles day, in Loueyville.

What today also is is a good day to start thinking about trying some new restaurants. Restaurant.com is offering 90% off of its $25.00 gift certificates for the next 99 hrs (that's til 9/13 for the math-challenged). So the $25.00 certificates cost one cold hard buck! I plugged in the area code 40204 and pulled up seven pages of restaurants offering the discounted certificates.

This sounds like a scam, but it's not. I've used the certificates at the old Artemesia and the North End. They have a ton of restrictions, so be sure to read the fine print. There's usually a minimum purchase ($35 or two entrees), it usually won't cover booze, and often a mandatory gratuity is tacked on. But at $1 a pop, you can afford to make a mistake or two. Just make sure you show the certificate to your server before you place your order.

I decided to use this opportunity to check out some places I've never been: Old Seelbach Bar, Vincenzo's, Bendoya, Oasis Sushi, the Coach Lamp, and the Riverbend Winery. I'm sure my check at any of these places will well surpass the minimum purchase, so it's probably not a bad deal for the restaurant. And surely if I find that I like one of these places, I'll be back to spend more money.

You need to enter the code NINETY when ordering.

Happy nines day!

No comments: